top of page

Black Plum

For this project I got to model and shade a realistic fruit in Houdini. I built the shader from the ground up in Houdini. Procedural noise patterns were used to create the color layers, and displacement. For the assignment we also needed two painted mask layers from MARI for one color mask, which I used to block out some of the lighter blue on the surface, and one for displacement which I used to get a couple more little nick marks. 

Overall it was such a fun project where I got to learn a lot about the power of procedural shading, and how to implement it into my workflow to add variation, and save time when texturing.

bottom of page